It’s an exciting time to be the parent of a high school senior. You’re making a list and checking it twice as you prepare to send your young adult into the next phase of life. As a college student and young adult, they will learn to do many things on their own.
It will be a time of growth and adventure.
Especially if your student is attending college hundreds of miles or more away from home.
Make sure getting a POA is on your list
While you’re helping your child with financial aid, housing, insurance and everything else they need as they start out on your own, don’t overlook this important legal document that many parents don’t realize their adult children need until it’s too late.
Getting a young adult power of attorney set for your student should be at the very top of your list.
Why a POA matters so much
Important legal changes occur when someone becomes an adult in the eyes of the law.
- As a parent, you can no longer make medical decisions for your child
- You are not authorized to help your child with financial decisions
- You will not be able to talk with banks, insurers, doctors or hospitals about your child’s financial or medical situation
We all assume the law gives this to us, but absent a power of attorney form, it does not.
3 forms, 1 convenient app
Mama Bear Legal Forms knows this and has helped thousands of parents get three important legal documents in place for their adult children, quickly, easily and affordably. When you purchase a young adult POA package from us, you’ll get:
- Comprehensive health and financial powers of attorney that enable you to directly handle health and financial information and decisions.
- Free HIPAA release that gives access to your student’s health information from any provider.
- Free FERPA form that lets your child’s school share their education information with you.
The sad reality is that an accident can happen at any time. Your child could wind up in a compromising position financially at any point and need your assistance. Rather than waiting for chaos to unleash, be ready ahead of time with a POA package.
We hope you’ll never have to use it, but you’ll have peace of mind knowing all the legal authority you need is there should a crisis arise necessitating it.
How hard is it to get a POA package?
We receive many questions online and through our website about power of attorney forms and have addressed them extensively in our articles. Perhaps the most common question we’re asked is, ‘how hard is this?’ and a close second is, ‘how much will this cost me?’
Here’s how the process works.
- You’ll build your document using our easy, online form. Thankfully, we make it easy. All you have to do is create an account and fill out the questionnaire. Many customers tell us it takes less than 20 minutes to complete.
- Save your forms and print them. You can save your progress, download your forms and print your legal documents.
- Sign your forms. That’s it! We provide detailed instructions on how to sign your documents.
We put all the legal forms you need in one, convenient place so you aren’t wasting hours trying to find them. Our attorney-designed forms are appropriate for all 50 states and Washington DC.
Best of all, it only costs $79. Attorneys cost hundreds and take weeks to get an appointment. In 10 to 20 minutes and under $100 you will have everything you need.
Still have questions?
Here are popular answers to common questions people ask about young adult POA forms:
- Young Adult POA FAQs
- 5 Questions Parents Ask
- Who Signs a Young Adult POA and Other Questions People Ask?
- How to Designate Your Agents on a Young Adult Power of Attorney Form
- How to Select Your Home State on a Young Adult POA
Go ahead. Cross this item off your list.
Ready to get your Young Adult POA Package? Mama Bear Legal Forms provides law firm quality, state-specific documents that are easy to create, simple to download and incredibly affordable.
It only takes ten minutes to create the three documents your graduating student needs to have everything secured before they head off to college or take that next step in life.